Competition Alert! Who Dresses The Fanciest?

28 Oct

I’ve been thinking of ways to say thank you to everyone who follows me and takes the time to read my ramblings on a daily basis, and have been thinking about a competition for a bit of fun. I was umming and ahhing over what the prize should be as my readers are so diverse in terms of sex, age and geo-location, but when writing a post about Halloween it came to me!

(EPP and I. She was a rag doll and I was a bat)

The task:

1)      Subscribe to my blog and send me a picture of you in your best fancy dress outfit (laura.tinker@hotmail.co.uk). You know, the one where you totally rocked it and were immensely proud of your effort… not the one where you grabbed a witches hat and went in your joggies. It could be fancy dress from the up and coming Halloween celebrations, or if, like me, you are fending off the Bubonic Plague and are more likely to be in your most heinous PJs in bed then it could be a past fancy dress party you have been to. You know me, I don’t care! All I want to see is your wicked imaginations running riot, after all if you put the effort in for it then why not share it with the world!

(Choppy and I as half-hearted witches last year. We ended up ditching the hats and going to Fifty Five in Camden)

If you don’t want everyone to see it then let me know and I won’t post it (unless you win. Sorry about that!) but otherwise ill share with you some of the good ones while the competition runs.  If your kids rock the fancy dress and you are a bit rubbish then by all means enter them instead :)

(RoCo and I for one of Choppy’s famed fancy dress parties. The theme was cowboys and indians. We were the only indians!)

2)      Follow me on Twitter and Facebook (please see sidebar to the right) and leave a message telling us all that you want to be in the running! I would also really appreciate it if you could retweet or repost the competition on either one of these, but I’m not going to come over all SAS about it :)

If you are afraid of technology and can just about muster commenting on the blog then you are more than welcome to skip this step.

That’s it folks! Leave the rest to me.

The prize:

I’m keeping my eye out for something just right, but it will be something Christmas themed ready for the countdown to Christmas. Who said I couldn’t shake off the Grinch?!

The rules:

One entry per person, please see reverse for details :) Competition starts this very second and ends at 9am English time on the 12th of November. At which point I will ask Little Bean (the fancy dress oracle) to choose a winner. She is fair and wise, so I’m sure the best will reign supreme!

(Team Halloween. L:R – A mime, a dead milk maid (?!), a vampire, a bat, 2x dead guys, The Nightmare Before Christmas and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde)

PS Pitch in! If my mother is the only one that enters I’llcry, and she already has a house full of Christmas stuff in December. It’s a bit like Santa’s grotto in Elf.

Good luck!

36 Responses to “Competition Alert! Who Dresses The Fanciest?”

1. jules October 28, 2011 at 10:32 am #

I don’t do fancy dress…. sorry! But good luck to everyone who’s entering!

2. Bluejellybeans October 28, 2011 at 10:36 am #

What a great idea! This year my kids are going to parties, so I’ll stay at home with my two old year son. That means no dressing this year and no treat or tricks. But I’ll search for an old pic and post it, just for the fun of it.

Have a nice day Belle!

• Bluejellybeans October 28, 2011 at 2:06 pm #

Hi Belle! Here you have. I’m the big one ;) Also in this picture my Daughter Isabel and my son Javier.

3. brookenan October 28, 2011 at 12:52 pm #

That’s a great idea! I am not clever enough or creative enough in my style to compete. I look forward to seeing the results though.

4. totsymae1011 October 28, 2011 at 1:05 pm #

I don’t usually do this but I may think about it. May be lots of fun.

5. prenin October 28, 2011 at 1:35 pm #

We had a fancy dress party where I used to work and I dressed up in an NBC suit and face mask and chased the ladies around with a geiger counter!!! LoL!!!

6. joehoover October 28, 2011 at 2:30 pm #

I’ve only ever fancy dressed once, for New Year as you were not even allowed in the town centre without one, I hired a Panda outfit but there was no easy way to go to the toilet, I had to rip the seam in order to avoid an accident.

I know bar Fifty-five, when I first went it emptied out immediately, we then realised happy hour just finished and had to pay £16 for 3 small bottles of beer, I should have been pikey and gone to the Ice Wharf instead

• tinkerbelle86 October 28, 2011 at 3:26 pm #

ah yeah the trick is to order four just before happy hour finishes :)

7. Cara October 28, 2011 at 2:52 pm #

Alright! I’ve got my first picture for my scrapbook of people in their Halloween costumes :) Love! xoxo

8. Michelle Arnold October 28, 2011 at 3:50 pm #

I’m emailing you two- the before and after. My boyfriend and I went to a themed Halloween party where you had to be a political figure. We started out with me as Cleopatra and he as Mark Antony, but we switched costumes halfway through the night. :)

• tinkerbelle86 October 28, 2011 at 7:13 pm #

Michelle!!! they are so good. im impressed!

9. Richard WisemanR October 28, 2011 at 5:11 pm #

I’m 46 years old and I’ve never worn fancy dress socially. I once went to a toga party with a sheet over my suit! It’s not that I have no sense of fun it’s just that I never did like dressing up, apart from when I did plays at school and for the drama group I went to when I was younger, for which costume is usual. I just don’t get the dressing up as someone or something for fun thing. Usually people dress up, fancy dress, and half way through the evening some of the people begin to regret it, I’m one of those, except I’ve always realised I’d regret it and didn’t bother to start with. My sense of fun extends into the outside world in different ways, such as, yes even at my age, putting my hat down next to a busker’s, one who is just playing music, and singing to their music, badly I’d have to say. Yes I do those sorts of stupid things, such as trying to sell people stuff in supermarkets, convincing old ladies to buy nappies, to the embarrassment of my wife and amusement of my children; or walking to the front of a queue and asking the people to just move back two or three steps for health and safety reasons. You know idiotic stunts. So no fancy dress not for me, but silly behaviour yes. Each to their own I guess.

10. jakennicksmomma October 28, 2011 at 5:13 pm #

Hehe, I made costumes for the whole family! Soon to hit your inbox the Rubble’s (from Flintstones) Barney, Betty, Bamm Bamm X2 :-D

11. susielindau October 28, 2011 at 7:24 pm #

Sounds like fun! I am going to a masquerade ball tonight, so I will check to see how the photos turn out…….

12. Catherine Johnson October 28, 2011 at 9:17 pm #

What wonderful pictures. Happy halloween!

13. rarebreedlbc October 29, 2011 at 1:58 am #

wait, fanciest dress or fanciest costume?

14. LittleMissVix October 29, 2011 at 9:41 am #

Great costumes you nut! Happy Halloween!

• tinkerbelle86 October 30, 2011 at 2:25 pm #

Thanks lovely. Still havent seen your entry in my inbox? :)

15. gojulesgo October 29, 2011 at 1:27 pm #

What a great idea, and these pictures are gorgeous! Your make-up on the one is stunning! I just sent you a picture and am about to send a tweet! :)

• gojulesgo October 29, 2011 at 1:45 pm #

Whoops, I meant to say make-up on the first one, but of course they are all stunning!

• tinkerbelle86 October 30, 2011 at 2:24 pm #

ahahaha you guys rock the punk look Jules. are you sure its not a phase you went through?!

16. karen0909 October 29, 2011 at 6:23 pm #

I am totally participating in this competition. You will have to make some concessions for my boot cast on my foot though. I don’t want it tainting my costume points lol.

• tinkerbelle86 October 30, 2011 at 2:23 pm #

any negative comments regarding your robo foot will be stricken from the record :) hope youre healing well though. sounds terrible!

17. Danielle October 30, 2011 at 11:28 pm #

I love that i’m the official judge. I do make an amazing danger mouse costume!!

18. Aro November 1, 2011 at 5:13 pm #

Such a great idea!!! Wait for my email :) and check out my blog

19. daintyc November 2, 2011 at 2:33 pm #

OK I think I will play :)

20. huddlestonk November 2, 2011 at 3:43 pm #

I just subscribed and emailed you my pix of the running refirgerator costume: http://tokickapigeon.wordpress.com/2011/11/02/halloween-2011/. Great idea!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Animals Dressed As Interviews « goguiltypleasures - October 28, 2011

[...] and if you’re suffering from contest withdrawal? Check out Tinkerbelle’s (Laughter is Catching) fun contest and prove that YOU dress the [...]

2. Fancy Dress Update! « Tinkerbelle - November 3, 2011

[...] humor, postaday2011, postaweek2011, thoughts I have had some fantastic entries into the Who Dresses The Fanciest? competition and I’m hoping that there will be some more great ones to follow. You don’t have to [...]