Because thoughts are whizzing round my head today faster than bullets on a battlefield, I thought I might take the time to write them down. As you do.
- Take the time to be kind to people. The man in the petrol station looked at me today and asked me “Has anyone ever told you you look like Katy Perry?” I think he may have been blind because I don’t at all, but despite my sad mood and unbrushed hair, he made me feel better for those five minutes.
- Sadness can cause weight loss. Uh yeah… California here I come!
- Chocolate oranges soothe all pain. I had all the ingredients for a grand chocolate orange cheesecake ready for the great Valentine’s surprise, so what shall I do? Eat the evidence.
- As John Mayer, life guru would say :
You know, it’s nothing new
Bad news never had good timing
Then, circle of your friends
Will defend the silver lining
And its true! They come in their droves, offering words of comfort, reminding you who you are and what you have been through, and advising you to put anything that came into contact with him in the wash.
- Snow causes people to act mad. A few years ago, ex-boyfriend and I got snowed into our village. He went to the local shop and there was a lady madly sweeping batteries into her basket. He stopped her and asked if she had any devices that took D batteries. She looked surprised, and put them all back, obviously panic shopping. The same thing happened yesterday when we went shopping. It’s only a light sprinkling of snow! But if it affects my train tomorrow ill be really cross!
- Do what makes you feel better. After phoning the absent one last night in a fit of serious self-pity and fear for moving to a big city and selling my car and moving from my bed for anything this weekend his response was “I like your crazy. You’ll be fine, milky bar”. Said like a true lawyer.
- When you are sad, find something sadder. Emma’s go to is The Notebook, but as another part of the Valentine’s surprise I had bought a book about a soldier who had broken into Auschwitz. Not romantic, I hear you cry, but something I thought he would like. I’m reading it. Its putting some perspective on my weekend.
I need to think of a fantastic excursion for my February New Years resolution,. and i’ll try to get a picture of the cheesecake for you all if I don’t just eat all the ingredients before making it. After all, it will pretty much make itself in my stomach, right?