Pull On A Cracker! (+Competition!!)

29 Oct

There was a time in my life where I pretended I hated Christmas. The lights, the weather, the snow, the carols – I hated every minute of it. But that was borne out of being a) a stroppy teenager with far too many angsty hormones and a penchant for black, and b) being the product of a broken home (cue tragic violin music and teary wails) and Christmas being more like a military operation rather than an enjoyable eatathon and sort of birthday celebration, depending on how you look at it.

I now look at it this way. IF (and I say that to keep the happiness of all of you) Jesus was a real person, I respect his birthday attitude. I would like a birthday eve, birthday and birthday recovery day, so Jesus, I salute you.

IMG_2715

I also love the magic of the season. I’ve mentioned before so many times that the look on the little ones faces when they think Father Christmas is coming absolutely makes it for me, and they bear no thought to the fact that if one fat man could make it round the world delivering presents in one night then it would call into question the whole air travel issue, and also a real security problem for police forces up and down the country. Not to mention the fact that A&E would have to be on high alert come Christmas Eve, in case a family left the fire on.

As I, and the girls, get older, I love Christmas more and more. This weekend I bought bath flutes for Poppy as one of her presents (which I am really tempted to try out, you know, JUST TO SEE IF THEY WORK) and I attended a Pre Christmas launch event with George at ASDA, packed full of a selection of THE most fun Christmas jumpers.

pun believable

pun believable

I obviously bought some.

The range that they are offering is fantastic, with reindeer, and Christmas puds and Santas a go-go. I bought some delightful reindeer and snowman jumpers for the little ones, and seeing as the boy and I plan to have a terrible Christmas jumper competition, I bought his too. The rules are; you are to pick the most offensive and embarrassing Christmas jumper for the other, and these are to be exchanged on the first of December. Points will be gained for:

• Best choice of horribly tacky jumper (for the buyer)
  • Points if you are able to wear that jumper in public (points to the receiver)

We will also have to wear aforementioned Christmas jumpers on our Christmas day.

Banner_v1_05

But back to the preview event. It was to showcase their selection of novelty jumpers, and I was pretty amazed by the range. The ladies jumpers are soft and really well made for their price point, and I also fell for a load of the men’s ones, as they are decidedly unisex, and a snip at £12 – £18. It made me think twice about supermarket clothes ranges, as the George range is really gorgeous, and it always helps when the novelty ranges are affordable. No one wants to spend £50 to dress up as a Christmas pudding for the day, do they?

And here’s a tip – they ship to more than just the UK. Snap them up while the mince pies are still hot!

And I’m offering the chance for one of you lucky people to win one of their range – all you need to do is go onto the George Novelty Jumpers section (click here), choose a jumper and let me know why you love a Christmas cracker! If you tweet this post (mentioning @lillyheart999 and @georgeatasda), you will get an additional entry, and I will post to anywhere in the world (no one likes to be excluded!)  I’ll announce the winner on the 16th of November so make sure you enter!

8 Responses to “Pull On A Cracker! (+Competition!!)”

1. susielindau October 29, 2013 at 1:57 pm #

I am so entering even though I had to think a minute about what a cracker and a jumper were!

• tinkerbelle86 October 29, 2013 at 1:59 pm #

Susie! I’m so sorry, I often forget to use my American words. A sweater? Lord knows what a cracker is…. enlighten me! I haven’t spent enough times with my cousins lately (although one is still hot on coming to Colorado for college next fall :) )

• susielindau October 29, 2013 at 2:11 pm #

I love how the catalog has a purple sweater/jumper on the front to click on, but it’s not for sale! Hahaha!
        My second pick, since that one is not listed, is the Reindeer Eyelash because it must have taken a lot of eyelashes to spin yarn to make one! It must be very rare indeed!

• tinkerbelle86 October 29, 2013 at 2:13 pm #

oh thats a shame, i fell in love with a hedgeho jumper with glasses on, and that one was out of stock as soon as it went live. I really fancied a hipster hedgehog sweater!

2. The Byronic Man October 29, 2013 at 2:31 pm #

I like Christmas a lot. I used to try to explain to people why I think we should “take the Christ out of Christmas” and they’d assume I meant the evangelical “keep the Christ in…” version, and I’d try to explain, and they’d think I was being sarcastic/a monster/a heathen and so now I just say, “I like Christmas a lot.”

• tinkerbelle86 October 29, 2013 at 2:35 pm #

you’re an AWFUL person ;) I like it too. If you have the time, enter the competition as they do some cute baby Christmas costumes

3. Twindaddy October 29, 2013 at 4:44 pm #

I like Christmas simply for the togetherness of family and the spirit of giving inherent in it. I’m not religious at all so I don’t get all into the that aspect of it, but the spirit of Christmas feels good. Especially now that I no longer work in retail.

4. prenin October 29, 2013 at 6:41 pm #

Well, depending on my medication side-effects I should make it to my God daughter’s family bash.

I missed out last year as I slept through Christmas and I was really missed! :(

Nice to know I have an adoptive family who look after me so well… :)

Love and hugs my sweet friend! :)