2014 Travel – The Norway Edit

1 Apr

As part of branching out and extending my horizons, I booked a trip to Norway.

10150793_10151960825051507_718781791_n

There was no particular reason for choosing Norway as a destination, other than it was the cheapest place Easyjet went to, and I found a pretty little apartment on Air BnB. I was sold.

And the whole trip was amazing.

10169464_10151960824231507_755482240_n

As the plane landed we flew over show capped mountains and gorgeous expanses of water, and were glad we booked the fjord tour for the next day. The trip took us from Bergen through Voss, to Gudvagen and then on a boat trip to Flam, with the final part of the tour taking us on the old fashioned railway from Flam through to Myrdal, and then back to Bergen.

The tour was pretty expensive (it translated to £110 each), and took 8 hours from start to finish. It was a really great way to see a lot of different places when on a really short trip, and the scenery was breathtaking, especially the little villages on the shores of the fjords. I do think however that for the price you pay, it could have done with being a bit less of an independent tour; the bus was a local bus service and had no guide to tell you where you were, only a book that told you what to look out for.

10154017_10151960824461507_1339634611_n

It was peaceful, pretty and out of the ordinary from what we normally see in London, and was a beautiful weekend. I would totally recommend it, however be aware that England is pricy, but it has nothing on the cost of Norway. £10 for a beer?!

Where have you been that surprised you?

1969307_10151960823571507_1825810996_n

10 Responses to “2014 Travel – The Norway Edit”

1. anomadlife April 1, 2014 at 1:09 pm #

Looks beautiful!

2. prenin April 1, 2014 at 2:50 pm #

Lovely trip hun! :)

Norway sure seems expensive, but well worth it! :)

I saw Holland when I was a kid and really enjoyed it apart from food poisoning that left me tied to the plumbing while everyone else went out and visited a clog making factory!!! :)

Never trust spicy potatoes… :(

Love and huge hugs as always!!! :)

3. Paul April 1, 2014 at 4:03 pm #

Beautiful pictures Tinkerbelle. That sounds like it was a very peaceful vacation.

4. Mollie Andrews April 1, 2014 at 4:39 pm #

I actually live in Norway right now, I’m here on student exchange, and I smiled when I read you post about Norway and saw your photos. I like it here, but, the one thing that sucks is how expensive it is, especially food and clothes (well for me) the further up North you go the more expensive it will be – (especially in the summer when all the tourists come) I can understand why your trip was expensive but, I’m sure that it was worth it :) Norway is stunning, everything is so pretty and have you noticed how easy it was to just take a beautiful photo? to me it feels like you could never take a bad photo :)

• tinkerbelle86 April 2, 2014 at 3:40 pm #

It was totally worth it. The flights were really cheap too, so it worked out. i’m getting better at taking scenery photos, but when i’m in them I ruin them!! Have a great trip.

5. Tanja April 1, 2014 at 4:51 pm #

hey, can’t believe it, I’m off to Oslo this weekend;)

• tinkerbelle86 April 2, 2014 at 3:35 pm #

we didnt make it that far but let me know how it goes as thats on my list. Make sure you take plenty of money, they tip 25%!

6. philosophermouseofthehedge April 1, 2014 at 8:50 pm #

That is quite a change of scenery. With the bus, you didn’t have to drive or get lost – so it was efficient travel. Looks like fun

7. 10eveningflowers April 2, 2014 at 12:52 am #

Amazing :) simply beauiful!! This is like an highly desired location on my bucket list :)

8. mindofmsankara July 15, 2014 at 11:46 am #

After reading this I feel like visiting more. It’s amazing! Sweden is also pricy. It’s good that the British pound has a higher value.