Progress With Purpose – Living Life Intentionally

15 Jul

A year or so ago I wrote a post about “Living Life Intentionally”, which you can read here. It was inspired by other people’s passion and need to live their lives with purpose, and something that I wholeheartedly embraced.

Then, in November last year, I lost my Granddad. A beloved man, he had an opinion on everything and was the encyclopaedia of life that I consulted daily. I miss him horribly, but it was only then that I felt I had to commit to the life of living my life with purpose, and not letting one day fade gracelessly into the next.

And 2014 has delivered on my living of life. I have travelled, visiting San Diego, California in February and Bergen and the UNESCO protected Bryggen Harbour, Norway, in March. May saw me in Vancouver, Canada, and during the month of June I lived in the West Village of Manhattan, New York and spent a month working in my company’s office there.

But it’s not just limited to travelling. I have embraced new classes at the gym, visited new restaurants and sampled things from the menu that I have never tasted before, said “yes” to strangers reaching out the hand of friendship and moving me out of my comfort zone and gone on new experiences such as walking tours of the city and macaroon making classes. And I’ve loved every second.

Capture

Still to come, I have booked a trip to Paris, a city I have always wanted to but never visited, booked a pork pie making class, planned a tour of London’s tea rooms, and am currently planning a trip to Iceland for the northern lights in November and a Christmas in (possibly) Bali. Last weekend I dined in a restaurant called Archipelago (review to follow) which is said to be the most unusual restaurant in London, boasting python carpaccio, zebra jerky and crocodile, and I’m constantly working new experiences into the mix.

www.pinterest.com

Do one thing every day that scares you, and live life with purpose. Its fleeting and you might just find it has slipped from your fingertips.

What’s your favourite example of living life intentionally?

7 Responses to “Progress With Purpose – Living Life Intentionally”

1. prenin July 15, 2014 at 2:47 pm #

Well done sweetheart I’m SO proud of you!!! :)

I live quietly these days, but if I had the means I doubt if I’d do half the things you have done!!! :)

God Bless and have fun!!! :)

2. Holly July 15, 2014 at 6:00 pm #

Fab post! Infectiously inspiring!
    I love the process and idea to live with purpose and authenticity!
    I am trying everyday to savour this purpose and love to make a life I love!
    Great post :)
    x

• tinkerbelle86 July 16, 2014 at 8:57 am #

well let me know if you are ever in London and we can live life intentionally together!

3. Kelsea Echo July 16, 2014 at 10:12 am #

I am so sorry for your loss of last year. =/ I love how you’ve turned something painful into fuel for inspiration – that’s the best thing we can do in times of loss. This is in no way comparable, but after a difficult break-up at the end of 2012, I made 2013 the Year of Yes and went out and tried things that scared me. I finally visited London (that probably isn’t too interesting to you… haha) and Paris (!!), also places I had always planned to see someday. I’m an introvert and normally avoid most crowds, but I said yes to all the concerts my best friend wanted to see, went to them, danced, and had fun. I love that you wrote about taking a macaroon-making class. Doesn’t always have to be the biggest things!

• tinkerbelle86 July 16, 2014 at 10:27 am #

Thanks for commenting Kelsey, it’s totally comparable! Sometimes you need a little shake to appreciate what you have. I am doing so much more in London because its easy to not appreciate a city when you live there.

4. scarletscorchdroppers July 17, 2014 at 7:48 am #

Lovely post and such an important point. It’s so easy to get caught up in the day to day of life we can forget what living is really all about. It sounds like you’re really living life to the full at the moment! Like you i’m trying to see as much of the world as possible, I probably still need to push myself to do and be more when i’m at home though!

5. Girl with the blue eyes July 21, 2014 at 3:26 pm #

So sorry to hear about your grandad I lost mine last summer and couldn’t agree more with this post. We all get so bogged down in the smaller things that don’t matter when we should be out there exploring, trying new things and, like you say, just saying YES! You will love Paris and please tell me you will post about the pork pie making experience as that sounds ace!